Thursday, October 14, 2010

Super Easy Quiche

This is a recipe I come back to all the time.  It is a family favorite and completely flexible according to what I have in the fridge.  It reheats well, and you can freeze it once it's been cooked.

Ingredients
3 eggs
1/2 C Bisquick Baking Mix
1 1/2 C milk
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients together.  Using a blender works very well to mix and not end up with any lumps.  Pour this into a well greased loaf pan.  (If making a double batch a 9x13 baking dish is about right.)

Now the fun part!
You will need about 1 cup meat.  Any kind will do.  I've used chicken, sausage, burger, pepperoni, ham, and even bacon.  Or you can leave the meat out if you want.  I've only ever used cooked meat in this recipe.  I'm not sure how raw would turn out.  The cook time is long enough, I would think it would be fine. 

You will also need about 1 cup of vegetables.  Most kinds work well.  If they have a strong flavor (like broccoli) a little goes a long way.  The only thing I've found that we didn't like was brussel sprouts.....those got weird.

Now for the cheese!  You will use anywhere from 1 cup to 2 cups of cheese.  Any kind I have tried was fantastic.  I suppose you could leave the cheese out...but why?

Put your meat, vegetables, and cheese right into the liquid in the pan.  Tap everything down so the liquid covers it.

Bake at 350*F for about 45 minutes.  (Double batch takes considerably longer but I haven't timed it exactly.)  The quiche is done when a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Enjoy and Experiment!  I'd love to hear about any combinations you find that are really good.  I'd also love to hear if you find a particular ingredient that just didn't do so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment